Mr. Zuercher is co-founder, Chief Executive Officer, and Chief Investment Officer of Hixon Zuercher Capital Management. As Chief Investment Officer, he oversees investment research and the development and implementation of the firm’s investment strategies. Adam serves as a co-Portfolio Manager and as chairman of the firm’s Investment Committee. Adam is also a member of NAPFA. Today, his team manages over $300 million of client assets.
Adam has experience providing investment management and financial advisory services since 1999. At the age of twenty-five he founded Freedom Financial Solutions, now known as Hixon Zuercher Capital Management. Prior to co-founding Hixon Zuercher in 2002, Adam worked at a CPA firm for three years specializing in financial planning and investment advisory services for high net worth individuals. He has earned the designations of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP®). Adam has more than 22 years of experience providing investment management and financial advisory services.
Adam is also a member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA). Working in a strict fee-only, fiduciary capacity, NAPFA-affiliated financial planners are committed to maintaining the highest level of competency with a client-centered focus that means aligning solely with their client’s interests.
Education & Designations
- The University of Toledo, Bachelor’s of Business Administration degree with a major in Accounting and a minor in Information Systems (1995-1999)
- Certified Public Accountant / Personal Financial Specialist (CPA/PFS)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- Blanchard Valley Health System Finance Committee
- CedarCreek Church Financial Advisory Team
- The University of Toledo Department of Finance External Advisory Board
- The University of Findlay Bequest & Planned Gift Council
- Cancer Patient Services
- Challenged Champions Equestrian Center
- Financial Planning Association of Northwest Ohio
- The Hancock Historical Museum Foundation
- Hancock Leadership (Class of 2006)
- The Mazza Enthusiasts Executive Board
- St. John Mennonite Church
- 2004 Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Hancock County Chamber of Commerce
- 2018 Professional of the Year – Hancock County Chamber of Commerce
- The 2017 Investopedia 100 – List of 100 Most Influential Financial Advisors in U.S.
- The 2018 Investopedia 100 – List of 100 Most Influential Financial Advisors in U.S.
- The 2020 Investopedia 100 – List of 100 Most Influential Financial Advisors in U.S.
Adam and his wife, Amy, have been married 23 years. They have two daughters, Avery and Nyla, and a son, Jax. Adam and his family reside in Findlay, Ohio and attend CedarCreek Church.
Adam enjoys spending time with his family, especially if it’s hanging out on the beach, wake surfing at the lake, or just enjoying a good meal together. Adam is an avid reader, but rarely finds time to read anything other than business, leadership, and investing books. Adam is committed to a healthy lifestyle and loves being outdoors.
Adam also likes Chipotle, Ohio State football and basketball, and keeping up with the latest changes in technology & the Internet trends.
Connect with Adam
- Via our contact form.
- By phone: 419.425.2400