Are you passionate about helping clients achieve their financial goals and looking to join a dynamic, fast-paced, growing company? We have the position for you! Hixon Zuercher Capital Management, a leading wealth management firm, is looking for an energetic Associate Wealth Advisor (AWA). This position is based in Findlay, Ohio. Learn more about what we do and our core values here.
The AWA will be a service-oriented individual with excellent computer skills and strong people skills. It is critical that the AWA has the ability to be discreet and trusted with regard to confidential information.
The AWA must be a self-starter, problem solver, extremely organized and able to handle a fast-paced firm with ease. Being an entrepreneurial company, change occurs frequently and the ideal AWA will thrive on the challenge of prioritizing various tasks and maintaining a harmonious workflow as projects shift and evolve. Mastery in Microsoft Office and solid communication skills are necessary to succeed in this role. The ideal candidate should be able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines with a positive attitude.
This is a Full-Time position (40 hours per week) and may include an occasional requirement to be on-call outside of normal business hours. The AWA will work from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Friday. If you believe you are the right fit for this role, then please submit your resume.
- Client Relationship Management
- Monitor and maintain relationships with assigned clients. This includes, but is not limited to, serving as the primary contact, responding to client requests or inquiries, and conducting meetings with clients (Financial Planning and/or Investment Reviews).
- Present financial planning recommendations to assigned clients and as requested by other advisors of the firm.
- Maintain notes of client meetings in CRM database.
- Develop retention strategies and provide excellent customer service for existing clients.
- Senior Wealth Advisor Support
- Work as a team with Senior Advisors in the firm by completing tasks and assignments as directed by the Senior Wealth Advisors.
- Financial Planning Support
- Prepare client retirement projections, education projections, social security analysis and other financial planning analysis.
- Business Development
- Participate in the firm’s new advisor marketing program.
- Networking & Public Relations
- Actively cultivate and maintain relationships with sources of new business, including: CPAs, attorneys, and other centers of influence.
- Participate in firm events, seminars, and speaking engagements to promote firm capabilities
- Actively participate in industry groups and non-profit events to expand networking opportunities and increase firm visibility
- Identify potential ideal clients (prospects) and contact them as they are identified
- Follow up on new leads and referrals
- Ongoing Learning
- Responsible for maintaining an above average level of knowledge concerning current financial market conditions
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends, standards and best practices
- Continually developing knowledge of investment analysis and financial planning techniques
- Other Duties as Assigned
- There will be many other special projects and tasks that will be assigned as the business grows.
Required Skills & Experience
- Education level: A Bachelor’s degree is required (preferably in Financial Planning, Business, Accounting, Finance, or Economics).
- Previous experience: 1-3 years of experience in the financial services industry or related field is preferred, but not required.
- CFP® License: Currently enrolled in CFP® program or licensee.
- Series 65: FINRA Series 65 securities license required.
- Communication skills: Must possess excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, and overall communication skills (both oral and written).
- Computer skills: Must be an expert with Microsoft Outlook and have advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Organization skills: Must be proficient with calendaring, task management, and organization.
To be successful in this role the Associate Wealth Advisor should possess:
- Computer Skills
- Software Used (experience required)
- Microsoft Office (must be strong in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Software Used (training available)
- RedTail CRM (client database used daily)
- Morningstar Office (portfolio management system used daily)
- MoneyGuidePro (financial planning software used daily)
- Fidelity WealthScape (custodial website used daily)
- Charles Schwab (custodial website)
- Box (cloud-based file storage used daily)
- SweetProcess (process management software)
- Software Used (experience required)
- Values & Traits
- Respects client confidentiality
- Respects others
- Able to handle conflict well (client issues)
- Proactive (able to see what needs done or looks for ways to improve firm during slow times)
- Committed to success of business (incentive is available)
- Willing to try new things
- People Skills
- Phone Etiquette
- Professionally dressed
- Other Requirements
- Sign Noncompetition/Nondisclosure Agreement
- Transfer personal investment assets within 6 months of hire date
- Clean compliance background with no settlements
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation: Based on skills and experience.
- 401(k) / Profit Sharing Plan: You have an opportunity to contribute up to $19,500 per year of your own money (tax deferred or Roth) to this plan. If you are age 50 or older you can contribute an additional $6,500. We will make a matching contribution equal to 100% of your salary deferrals that do not exceed 3% of your eligible pay plus 50% of your salary deferrals in excess of 3% and up to 5% of your eligible pay. Therefore, we will contribute 4% of your pay if you contribute 5% of your pay.
- Paid Holidays: Hixon Zuercher Capital Management observes holidays that are recognized by the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) will be paid.
- Paid Vacations: New employees receive 11 days of paid vacation beginning with their first full calendar year.
- Paid Birthday: Employees receive a day off in celebration of their birthday.
Company Culture & Environment
At Hixon Zuercher, we are committed to excellence in everything we do. Our goal: to help our clients achieve excellent results with their investments. A win for us is when we successfully manage client assets so that they may achieve their financial goals.
Our commitment to excellence is evident in our firm’s culture. We operate by the following principles:
- Integrity is everything.– At the core of everything we do is our integrity. We shall always put the client’s interest first.
- Results matter.– Our clients hire us to help them achieve their investment goals. We aren’t satisfied unless we deliver great results that exceed their expectations.
- Provide exceptional service.– We must provide timely, accurate, and specific responses to client questions. We will resolve problems and concerns quickly. Our clients should receive clear and timely communication about their investments.
- Never stop learning.– We are committed to lifelong learning. We strive to be the best by increasing our knowledge every day.
- Optimism breeds opportunity.– How we think is everything. No monument was ever built for a pessimist. Our optimistic perspective is that there are always opportunities for today’s investor. It’s our job to find them.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for this unique opportunity, please send an email with the subject “Associate Wealth Advisor” to email@example.com with your cover letter and resume.
Please provide your answers to the following questions in your cover letter. Please answer each question in one hundred words or less.
- Where do you live?
- Do you meet all the qualifications listed?
- Do you have any concerns with your ability to perform any of the duties described?
- Why are you the ideal candidate?
- Why do you want this job?
- Can you provide three references from former employers if requested to do so?
Thanks for considering this position. We look forward to hearing from you.