Hixon Zuercher Capital Management is a wealth management firm based in Findlay, OH. Our mission is to provide wealth creation and investment management solutions that enable our clients to achieve financial freedom. We’re an award winning, high growth, mission-oriented company and we’re looking for an amazing, full-time Executive Assistant (EA) to join our team of A-players and support our CEO, Adam Zuercher. Learn more about what we do and our core values here. If you are a highly organized administrative professional with experience supporting C-Level Executives, read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
This is a full-time role, reporting to our CEO. For this role, you’ll need to live in or near Findlay, OH and be willing to work in our office 5 days per week. Typical hours for this role are 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday. If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, but you need a more flexible schedule, please offer a proposal in your cover letter.
The mission of the EA is to stay five steps ahead of their leader, tracking all of the administrative details, and clearing the path for him to make his greatest contribution to our business. The EA will be a key asset to the CEO by anticipating needs at an exceptionally high level, allowing him to develop vision and strategy for all aspects of Hixon Zuercher Capital Management so that we can reach our revenue and profitability goals.
While repetitive tasks are certainly part of this position, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on the CEO’s needs and the needs of business. The most important responsibility of the EA is to ensure that administrative tasks and projects are completed with a high level of efficiency, confidentiality, accuracy, flexibility, and positivity in order to support the initiatives of the CEO.
The Executive Assistant will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Time Management: Manage Adam’s calendar (both personally and professionally), responding to all meeting requests and scheduling all appointments. Gather relevant background material for meetings and make it easily accessible to Adam. Confirm all appointments the day before they are scheduled. Client appointments are scheduled by our Client Service Administrator (CSA) or our online scheduling system, so you will also work closely with our CSA for client related meetings.
- Project Management: Maintain a list of Adam’s projects, manage a to-do list, and notify Adam what actions need to happen next.
- Relationship Management: Maintain CRM database for key relationships and assist Adam with keeping in touch with these contacts. Send follow up letters, emails, or notes after each meeting.
- Email/Mail Management: Open and screen incoming e-mail (and snail mail), respond on Adam’s behalf when possible, and forward to other team members and associates when appropriate. Forward to Adam only those items that he must personally review or respond to.
- Other Communication: Communicate on Adam’s behalf both internally and externally. Write and send thank you notes, retrieve voice mail messages, and make or return phone calls on Adam’s behalf, etc.
- Meeting Management: Prepare agendas, print reports, take notes, distribute action items, and arrange catering for meetings as requested.
- Errands: Run errands as requested. This will include routinely picking up lunch, going to the post office or UPS, shopping, taking cars to be serviced, etc. (Mileage will be reimbursed.)
- Organizing: Maintain Adam’s filing system. Help maintain a clean, organized, and efficient office.
- Entertaining: Help plan client events. This may involve booking venues, caterers, decorators, and entertainers or planning menus and making assignments within the team.
- Purchasing: Research options, make recommendations, and then purchase the item(s). This could be as simple as routine shopping or something more complex like purchasing an appliance or computer.
- Research: This could include researching possible trips or vacations, information for blog posts, podcasts, speeches, etc.
- Social Media Management: Assist Adam with managing his personal social media accounts.
- Marketing Assistance: Assist Adam’s marketing activities including client events, speaking engagements, seminars, webinars, blogging, email newsletter, video production, and podcast production.
- Book Travel Arrangements: Assistance with travel planning and booking flights and hotels for both business and personal.
- Personal Support: Business support is primary, however you will also provide extensive personal support.
- Other Duties as Assigned: There will be many other special projects and tasks, both personal and professional, that will be assigned as the business grows. Occasionally, the EA will also be asked to provide administrative support to other team members.
Required Talents & Experience
- Communication skills: Must possess excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, and overall communication skills (both oral and written). This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, Teams chat messages, text messages and/or emails.
- High Level of Discretion: Since our EA will regularly work with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity regarding financial information is a must.
- Team Player: In addition to working directly with the CEO, the EA will also work with members of the Executive Team and several other team members from other departments. They’ll need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with these team members, maintaining a can-do spirit and not complaining, making excuses, or gossiping.
- Anticipating Needs: As a part of our commitment to enabling our CEO to serve our company and clients at the top of his game, our EA will strive to anticipate needs and eliminate friction at work and home whenever possible. This means you know how to stay five steps ahead of your leader, clearing the path for him to make his greatest contribution.
- Education level: A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience: 3+ years of experience supporting a business executive is preferred, but not required.
- Computer & Technology skills: Our EA will be a technologically savvy PC user and will not be intimidated by learning new technology. Must be an expert with Microsoft Outlook and have advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The EA will also use project management software to keep track of all projects the CEO is involved with.
- Organization skills: Must be an expert with calendaring, task management, filing, and organization.
To be successful in this role Adam’s Executive Assistant should be:
- Can make decisions and manage the CEO with confidence.
- Has a mature approach with a great presence.
- Is grounded and handles things gracefully.
- Can adapt to multiple tasks and requests.
- Is willing and able to change gears quickly.
- Accepts doing a variety of activities as part of the role and isn’t constrained by what the job “should be.”
- Is able to figure things out on your own.
- Can make decisions and make things happen.
- Can find out how to do things or where to get things independently.
4) Positive and willing
- Is a friendly, personable, and happy person.
- Is willing to jump in whenever needed.
- Goes the extra mile.
5) Is the CEO’s strategic partner
- Acts as Adam’s partner in getting things done.
- Is aligned with Adam’s values and focus.
- Understands the bigger picture and looks at the overall context.
6) A detail-oriented planner
- Can handle a high degree of detail.
- Looks and plans ahead.
- Is highly intelligent and organized.
7) Open-minded and interested in learning
- Is open to new ideas and different ways of doing things.
- Is interested in learning and growing, personally and professionally.
- Is interested in understanding why, not just handling tasks.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for this unique opportunity, please send an email with the subject “Executive Assistant” to email@example.com with your cover letter and resume.
Please provide your answers to the following questions in your cover letter. Please answer each question in one hundred words or less.
- Where do you live?
- Do you meet all the qualifications listed?
- Do you have any concerns with your ability to perform any of the duties described?
- Why are you the ideal candidate?
- Why do you want this job?
- Are you available during regular business hours (M-F, 8am to 5pm)?
- Do you require a specific work schedule that is different from our typical M-F, 8am to 5pm schedule? If so, what is your proposal?
- Can you provide three references from former employers if requested to do so?
Thanks for considering this position. We look forward to hearing from you.