My Personal Favorite
- FINVIZ.com – FINVIZ is my favorite free resource for investors. My favorite feature on FINVIZ is the ‘news’ section. FINVIZ pulls news from the top financial websites and blogs including many on this list. You can filter the news by time or by source. The site also offers market visuals, a robust screener, and a portfolio tracker.
Quotes, Portfolio Tracking & Research
- Google Finance – Features a portfolio tracker that I use to monitor news on the stocks in my portfolio.
- Yahoo! Finance – A great site for stock quotes and research.
- Morningstar – An excellent resource for mutual fund investors.
- Bloomberg.com – Free news and information from the source that many professional investors use every day.
- MarketWatch – Part of The Wall Street Journal Digital Network offering a ‘News Viewer” that allows you to filter the news by type and category.
- StockCharts.com – An amazing tool for creating your own stock charts. If you’re not familiar with stock charts visit ‘ChartSchool’, a section of the site with excellent articles and information on stock charting and technical indicators.
- Abnormal Returns – This is my favorite blog because it features a daily list of links which is like having a filter with the best of the investment blogosphere.
- The Big Picture – A blog written by Barry Ritholtz that features several posts a day on the economy and capital markets.
- MarketBeat – A blog from the Wall Street Journal.
What are your favorite free investment related websites? Leave your favorites in the comments for this post.