Are you passionate about operations and looking to join a dynamic, fast-paced, growing company? We have the position for you! Hixon Zuercher Capital Management, a leading wealth management firm, is looking for an energetic Operations Specialist (OS). This position is based in Findlay, Ohio. Learn more about what we do and our core values here.
The OS will be responsible for overseeing firm operations such as client portfolio accounting and reporting, trading, and creating and maintaining analytical reports and data. It is critical that the OS has the ability to be discreet and trusted with regard to confidential information.
The OS must be a self-starter, problem solver, extremely organized and able to handle a fast-paced firm with ease. Being an entrepreneurial company, change occurs frequently and the ideal OS will thrive on the challenge of prioritizing various tasks and maintaining a harmonious workflow as projects shift and evolve. Mastery in Microsoft Office and solid communication skills are necessary to succeed in this role. The ideal candidate should be able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines with a positive attitude.
This is a Full-Time position (40 hours per week) and may include an occasional requirement to be on-call outside of normal business hours. The OS will work from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Friday. If you believe you are the right fit for this role, then please submit your resume.
Compensation will be based on skills and experience. We offer a benefit package that includes a 401(k), health insurance, paid holidays, paid vacations, and a paid day off for your birthday!
- Trading Support
- Responsible for buying and selling securities as directed by the portfolio managers, advisors and/or CIO
- Responsible for completing service requests related to all money flows in and out of client accounts.
- Compliance Support
- Assist Chief Compliance Officer with maintaining the firm’s regulatory matters
- Client Reporting
- Manage the quarterly client reporting and billing process
- Maintain composite performance history adhering to Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®)
- Trading Support
- Team Support
- Assist with certain client paperwork and requests including Roth conversions, contribution and withdrawal processing, etc.
- Keep team on schedule
- Assist team as requested
- Office Management
- Maintain a clean office environment
- Copying/Scanning as requested
- Package Reports as requested
- Participate in Weekly Team Meeting (Mondays)
- Office Reception
- Serve as a backup to answer & route incoming phone calls
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Serve as backup to the Client Service Administrator
- There will be many other special projects and tasks, both personal and professional, that will be assigned as the business grows.
Required Skills & Experience
- Communication skills: Must possess excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, and overall communication skills (both oral and written).
- Education level: A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience: 3+ years of experience of client service or operations support is preferred, but not required.
- Computer skills: Must be an expert with Microsoft Outlook and Excel, have advanced skills with Microsoft Word, and basic proficiency with PowerPoint.
- Organization skills: Must be an expert with calendaring, task management, filing, and organization.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for this unique opportunity, please send an email with the subject “Operations Specialist” to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume.
Please provide your answers to the following questions in your cover letter. Please answer each question in one hundred words or less.
- Where do you live?
- Do you meet all the qualifications listed?
- Do you have any concerns with your ability to perform any of the duties described?
- Why are you the ideal candidate?
- Why do you want this job?
- Can you provide three references from former employers if requested to do so?
Thank you for considering this position. We look forward to hearing from you.