Stocks finished the fourth quarter with a strong December. 2010 was the second straight year of gains for stocks.
Here are the details:
- Up 789.46 points this quarter, or 7.3%, to close at 11577.51.
- In December, the Dow was up 571.49 points, or 5.2%.
- Up 31.9% over the last two years.
- Up 1149.46 points for the year with a return of 11.0%
- Up 284.25 points this quarter, or 12.0% to close at 2652.87.
- Up 154.64 points, or 6.2%, for December.
- Up 68.2% since 2008.
- Up 383.72 points for the year with a return of 16.9%
- Up 116.44 points this quarter, or 10.2% to close at 1257.64.
- December’s gain was 6.5%, or 77.09 points.
- Up 142.54 points for the year with a return of 12.8%
- Data Points: U.S. Markets [MarketBeat]