Are you passionate about helping others achieve their financial goals? We are looking for a high-performing professional committed to the strategic growth of the company to join our dynamic, fast-paced, growing firm.
Hixon Zuercher Capital Management, a leading wealth management firm, is looking for an energetic Support Advisor (SA). This position collaborates with the Wealth Advisor Team to deliver comprehensive financial planning to our clients. This position is based in Findlay, Ohio. Learn more about what we do and our core values here.
The SA will be a service-oriented individual with excellent computer skills and strong people skills. It is critical that the SA has the ability to be discreet and trusted with regard to confidential information. You’ll obtain active knowledge in the pivotal role of a SA. Within this position, you will be assigned specific duties to absorb the daily responsibilities of a Wealth Advisor. This entry level role will prepare you with new skills and an equal opportunity for professional development and advancement.
The SA must be a self-starter, problem solver, extremely organized and able to handle a fast-paced firm with ease. Being an entrepreneurial company, change occurs frequently, and the ideal SA will thrive on the challenge of prioritizing various tasks and maintaining a harmonious workflow as projects shift and evolve. Mastery in Microsoft Office and solid communication skills are necessary to succeed in this role. The ideal candidate should be able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines with a positive attitude.
This position reports to our Director of Wealth Management. This is a Full-Time position (40 hours per week) and may include an occasional requirement to be on-call outside of normal business hours. The SA will work from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Friday. If you believe you are the right fit for this role, then please submit your resume.
- Financial Planning
- Attend client meetings in a technical, supporting and learning role
- Assist in gathering and organizing client data necessary to develop financial plan
- Preparation of comprehensive retirement and tax planning
- Prepare Investment Policy Statements for clients
- Perform analysis of client information for Wealth Advisors
- Conduct special and routine portfolio or planning research projects
- Compose and generate correspondence and client documents
- Complete ongoing education in financial planning and investment areas
- Client Service
- Prepare for client meetings and assist with implementation of follow-up
- Assist clients with inquiries/requests or redirect as appropriate
- Complete compliance tasks including account reviews
- Aid Operations Team with client onboarding tasks
- Maintain client information in our CRM
- Other Duties as Assigned
- There will be many other special projects and tasks, both personal and professional, that will be assigned as the business grows
Required Skills & Experience
- Education level: A Bachelor’s degree is required (preferably in Financial Planning, Business, Accounting, Finance, or Economics).
- Previous experience: 1-3 years of experience in the financial services industry or related field is preferred, but not required.
- Series 65: Plans to obtain FINRA Series 65 securities license, not required to apply
- Communication skills: Must possess excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, and overall communication skills (both oral and written).
- Computer skills: Must be an expert with Microsoft Outlook and have advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Organization skills: Must be proficient with calendaring, task management, and organization.
To be successful in this role the Support Advisor should possess:
- Computer Skills
- Software Used (experience required)
- Microsoft Office (must be strong in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Software Used (training available)
- RedTail CRM (client database used daily)
- Morningstar Office (portfolio management system used daily)
- MoneyGuide (financial planning software used daily)
- Fidelity WealthScape (custodial website used daily)
- Charles Schwab (custodial website)
- Box (cloud-based file storage used daily)
- SweetProcess (process management software)
- Software Used (experience required)
- Values & Traits
- Respects client confidentiality
- Respects others
- Able to handle conflict well (client issues)
- Proactive (able to see what needs done or looks for ways to improve firm during slow times)
- Committed to success of business (incentive is available)
- Willing to try new things
- People Skills
- Phone Etiquette
- Professionally dressed
- Other Requirements
- Sign Noncompetition/Nondisclosure Agreement
- Transfer personal investment assets within 6 months of hire date
- Clean compliance background with no settlements
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation: Based on skills and experience.
- 401(k) / Profit Sharing Plan: You have an opportunity to contribute up to $22,500 per year of your own money (tax deferred or Roth) to this plan. If you are age 50 or older you can contribute an additional $7,500. We will make a matching contribution equal to 100% of your salary deferrals that do not exceed 3% of your eligible pay plus 50% of your salary deferrals in excess of 3% and up to 5% of your eligible pay. Therefore, we will contribute 4% of your pay if you contribute 5% of your pay.
- Paid Holidays: Hixon Zuercher Capital Management observes holidays that are recognized by the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) will be paid.
- Paid Vacations: New employees receive 11 days of paid vacation beginning with their first full calendar year.
- Paid Birthday: Employees receive a day off in celebration of their birthday.
Company Culture & Environment
At Hixon Zuercher, we are committed to excellence in everything we do. Our goal: to help our clients achieve excellent results with their investments. A win for us is when we successfully manage client assets so that they may achieve their financial goals.
Our commitment to excellence is evident in our firm’s culture. We operate by the following principles:
- INTEGRITY: Act with integrity. Does the right thing even when no one is looking. Puts our client’s best interests first.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Be a true professional. Acts with care, kindness, and humility while also being courteous, thoughtful, and polished. Delivers great results that help our clients achieve their goals.
- EXCELLENCE: Serve clients with excellence. Provides “first-class” service that triggers a positive emotional response. Goes “above & beyond” what’s expected.
- TEAMWORK: We are better together. Puts others before self. Shows kindness, compassion, and has an awareness of how his/her actions impacts the team.
- ABUNDANCE: Live with a positive and abundant mindset. Has an optimistic outlook on life. Maintains a positive attitude, even when faced with a challenge.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for this unique opportunity, please send an email with the subject “Support Advisor” to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume.
Please provide your answers to the following questions in your cover letter. Please answer each question in one hundred words or less.
- Where do you live?
- Do you meet all the qualifications listed?
- Do you have any concerns with your ability to perform any of the duties described?
- Why are you the ideal candidate?
- Why do you want this job?
- Can you provide three references from former employers if requested to do so?
Thanks for considering this position. We look forward to hearing from you.